My kids are quite fussy when it comes to breakfast, so once a week I like to treat my kids with these pancakes. They are healthier alternative to original pancake.
- One cup of quick oats
- One and 1/3 cup of milk
- One ripe banana
- One egg
- Half a cup of diced coconut
- Half a cup of self rising flour
- 2 Teaspoon of the cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon of chai seeds
- 1/4 of a cup of rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix on medium speed or you can do this in a food processor as well. I like to use the food processor because it chops the oats and coconut a bit smoother, to have more of a traditional pancake look.
Preheat pan and turn down to a lower heat when ready to cook the pancakes. I still like to use butter to cook my pancakes with in the pan and I like to top it with a little bit of rice malt syrup to serve with.