Quick and easy and the kids love them
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
1. Place the almonds into the bowl of a food processor and process on high speed for around 2 minutes, until the nuts have been completely broken down.
2. Pour in the olive oil and water and process for a further 2 minutes until smooth. You might have to scrape the insides of the bowl down a couple of times with a rubber spatula to make sure everything gets mixed up.
3. Add the rice malt syrup, cacao powder, vanilla essence, oats and chia seeds into the bowl of the food processor and process on medium speed for around 1 minute, until everything is well combined. Again, you might need to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the insides of the bowl a couple of times.
4. Scoop out 1 tablespoon measures of the mixture and form into balls. Continue forming balls until you’ve used up all the mixture and store them in an air-tight container.