This is a very quick and simple recipe. A great healthy snack.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated on a Microplane
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180° Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Add the water, garlic, and salt. Stir with a spatula until combined. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple of minutes until the chia seeds absorb the water. After the 2-minute rest, when you stir the mixture, you shouldn’t see a pool of water on the bottom of the bowl.
- With the spatula spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in two small rectangles, about 12×7 inches each and 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle additional salt on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each rectangle with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more, until lightly golden around the edges. Watch closely near the end to make sure they don’t burn. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes on the pan and then break the rectangles into crackers.